Welcome to quickgamer’s Temple Run: Oz walkthrough guide for beginners. This is the action game you get when you mix Temple Run and the film Oz, the endless survival game. Remember that the latest update includes the land Winkie Country, which changes the scenario if you get tired of the default one.
Challenges can be considered both quests or achievements, that once completed allow your character to level up. Beside regular challenges, that only appear at the end of each run, and are random, You have both weekly challenges and legendary challenges. Besides making your character level up, challenges also give you rewards, which you must manually collect from the challenges section in the main menu.
- Marathon Man [run a lifetime of 42,165m]
- Pocket Change [collect 2,500 coins]
- Big Time [get 125,000 points in 1 run]
- Well Rounded [unlock all abilities]
- Breaking a mill [get 1,000,000 points in 1 run]
- 1/4 Million Man [run 250,000m (lifetime)]
- Steady Bankroll [collect 25,000 coins]
- Are you serious? [get 5,000,000 points in 1 run]
- Oz Mastery [use every store item once]
- Million (m) March [run 1,000,000m (lifetime)]
- Millionaire [collect 1,000,000 coins]
- A great man [use all start items in 1 run]
- Really Impressive [25,000,000 points in 1 run]
- 1000,000 Miles [run 160,934,000m (lifetime)]
- Billionaire [get 10,000,000 coins]
- Truly Powerful [max out all abilities]
- Impossible [get 100,000,000 points in 1 run]
- Coins: These are the game soft currency, found in all your runs in huge quantities, you have move your character a bit if you want to reach them.
- Gems: game hard currency. Can be obtained by purchasing it thorugh the store, although you do get a few gems for completing hard challenges and are sometimes found along your runs.
Utilities are used one time per run. Utilities are located on the right side of the screen
Although you won’t find new areas or runs (The path pattern remains the same and you start from scratch after losing) your character levels up by completing challenges. For each new challenge completed, you will see an Oz Hot Air Balloon filled up, once you get 3 balloons, you will level up [see screenshot below] .
Music box Keys
If you play for long enough, you will eventually find and obtain Music Box Keys. What are they for?. Well, after you are finally captured or fall off a cliff, you are presented with set of music boxes which you need to choose from. These chests contain power-ups.
The store is where you can buy Powerups, Abilities (upgrade both your powerups and utilies, whether they are permanent or not, each ability can be upgraded a total of 5 times) and Utilities (give you an extra boost for one single run)
- Magic Magnet [attract coins to you]
- Fireworks [distract enemies for a change at gems]
- Coin Bonus [instant 50 coin bonus]
- Score Bonus [a score bonus that increases with your multiplier]
- Finley’s Boost [finley boosts you ahead safely]
- Shield [protection from one obstable, comes by default]
- Double Coins [Double Coins appear after XXXXm. Use gem to reveal triple coins for a run]
- Popwerups [Increase time of powerups by X%. Use gem to double the time of powerup]
- Coin Meter [Fill coin meter X% faster. Use gem to fill the coin meter 2x as fast]
- Start Discount [Head starts are 5% cheaper. Use a gem and head starts go further]
- Multiplier [Increase bonus multiplier. Use gem to douple the multiplier ability]
- Head Start [boost ahead 1000m]
- Mega Headstart [boost ahead 2500m]
- Fly to Winkie [relax and let Finley fy you to Winkie Country]
- Fly To Dark Forest [take a walk on the wild side with a trip to dark forest]
- Fly to Whimsie [Tired of running? Take a ride to Whimsie woods]
- Run Multiplier [5x multiplier added for the run]
- Show Pickups [reveals pickups during run]
- Stumble Proof [Prevents Oz from stumbling]
Extras, – Expansion Packs
If you go to the store and tap on “World of Oz, you can not only download the HD assets for your iPad, but also the content pack to visit the Dark Forest and Winkie Country for free. You will also get 3 gems for free if you do it. In case you are wondering how do you get to Winki Country or Dark Forest, you can do using two methods; One of them is running for long enough until the big signs pointing the direction to the new areas appear, and reaching the time travel tunnel, or by purchasing the teleport through an utility for a considerable amount of coins.
The most common bugs in Temple Run Oz are the app suddenly crashing and losing gems that you recently bought. Try installing the latest iOS version to avoid such thing happening.